We are sharing this poster from Against Port Expansion with our readers. If you care, take action to oppose Terminal 2 by signing the petition to the House of Commons:
Say “No” To Roberts Bank Container Terminal Two (RBT2) in Delta
Will the estuary remain a home to birds, salmon whales and wildlife? Not if Terminal 2 is built:
- Endangered Orca Whales further threatened, perhaps driving them to extinction.
- Already declining Fraser River salmon stocks further depleted
- Destruction of critical feeding grounds for millions of migratory shorebirds of the Pacific Flyway, Canada’s Most Important Bird Area.
Wildlife Habitat will be destroyed – caused by a Not Needed Man-Made Island for Terminal 2
The Lower Fraser River and Estuary has already lost over 80% of its natural habitat. RBT2 is the tipping point.
Tell the Trudeau Government and Environment Minister Jonathan Wilkinson to reject the second Container Terminal on Roberts Bank that:
- Requires dredging and filling the estuary for a new man-made island – the size of 250 football fields – 9 times the size of Granville Island.
- Doubles port truck traffic on highways and through the Massey tunnel.
- Increases air, noise and light pollution in Ladner and Tsawwassen.
- Industrializes our communities and puts scarce farmland at greater risk.
- Will cost $3.5 to $4.0 billion of taxpayer funds
- Lacks economic justification (West Coast Canada already has sufficient terminal expansions elsewhere to satisfy container trading needs for years to come).
If you care, take action to oppose Terminal 2 Sign the petition to the House of Commons:
And Support the Cities of Delta and Richmond who have already voted to oppose Terminal 2.
For more information visit www.againstportexpansion.org
The link to the petition is on the home page – Online Petition