Announcement from Metro Vancouver is copied below. MetroVanWatch believes that public meetings on these topics should have been held FOR THE PUBLIC, many times, before the Regional Growth Strategy was passed by the Metro Vancouver Board in 2011. The content of this breakfast meeting in Coquitlam on September 25, 2013 is important. Citizens in each municipality should be asking the billion-dollar Metro Vancouver organization to provide more opportunities like this within our own communities.
Metro Vancouver’s Sustainability Community Breakfast
Managing Growth: Integrating Land Use and Transportation Planning
Metro Vancouver, Member Municipalities and Translink are implementing a Regional Growth Strategy (RGS) that includes working together to better integrate land use and transportation in the region. Join us to learn how the RGS will focus over 2/3 of the region’s growth into Urban Centres and Frequent Transit Development Areas (FTDAs): priority locations along transit corridors which could accommodate higher density development.
Some video of previous meetings is available here.
|Managing Growth: Integrating Land Use and Transportation Planning – June 12, 2013|
|Lee-Ann Garnett – Metro Vancouver – Managing Growth: Integrating Land Use and Transportation Planning|
|Andrew Curran – Translink – Land Use & Transport|
|Don Luymes – City of Surrey – Planning for Transit-Supported Development in the City of Surrey|
- Lee-Ann Garnett, Senior Regional Planner, Metro Vancouver (Sept 12 & 25)
- Andrew Curran, Manager, Strategy, Strategic Planning & Policy, TransLink (Sept 12 & 25)
- Anne McMullin, President and CEO, Urban Development Institute (UDI) (Sept 12 & 25)
- Don Luymes, Manager of Community Planning, City of Surrey (Sept 12 only)
- Carl Johannsen, Manager Community Planning, Community Services Planning & Development, City of Coquitlam (Sept 25 only)
This Metro Vancouver Sustainability Community Breakfast will take place in two locations:
- (ALREADY PASSED) Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. at SHERATON VANCOUVER GUILDFORD HOTEL, 15269 – 104th Avenue, Surrey
- Wednesday, September 25, 2013 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. at EXECUTIVE PLAZA HOTEL & CONFERENCE CENTRE COQUITLAM, 405 North Road, Coquitlam
In Cooperation with: Vancity
Join the Discussion #MVbrkfst
EXTRA INFO FROM METRO VANCOUVER WEBSITE
Each breakfast begins at 7:30 a.m. and finishes at 9:00 a.m. Following the breakfast, participants are encouraged to actively engage in informal networking and discussions of sustainability topics and trends to help expand awareness of those issues.