The May 3, 2013 meeting of the Regional Planning and Agriculture Committee carried some important items for the Regional Growth Strategy. Below we copy the text showing status of Regional Context Statements, from page 131/136 of the agenda documents (PDF, 6MB). Data were valid as of April 24, 2013. See also our brief comments on other agenda items from that meeting (https://metrovanwatch.wordpress.com/2013/05/07/regional-context-statement-updates-may-3/).
MetroVanWatch urges citizens and groups in all municipalities to be involved in the process with their local city hall. Most are moving quickly toward finalizing their 30-year Regional Context Statement – Official Development Plan within a matter of weeks. For the record, as of today, May 7, we there is not a single hit on mainstream media in a Google News search for “Regional Context Statement” and “Metro Vancouver.” One could conclude that this whole process is still largely outside of the public view.
- Village of Belcarra ACCEPTED – July 29, 2011
- City of Coquitlam Draft Received; staff-to-staff feedback underway
- Corporation of Delta Draft Received; staff-to-staff feedback underway
- City of Langley Draft Received; staff-to-staff feedback underway
- District of Maple Ridge Draft Received; staff-to-staff feedback underway
- District of North Vancouver Preliminary staff-to-staff discussions underway
- City of Port Coquitlam Council Approved Draft Received; Metro Vancouver staff comments provided.
- City of Richmond ACCEPTED – November 16, 2012
- University of British Columbia – Process for Developing Regional Context Statement agreed upon by UBC Board; Metro Vancouver Board updated of process April 26, 2013
- City of Vancouver Draft under preparation; Anticipate consideration by Vancouver Council April 23, 2013.
- City of White Rock Draft received; staff-to-staff feedback underway